Inspired by a History of Philanthropy
In 1850, John Kirby left his home in Limerick County, Ireland and headed for America. When he eventually settled in Monticello, Illinois, he could not have imagined that some day he would be revered as a great community leader. Today, more than 90 years after his passing, his legacy as a community philanthropist remains.
The original John and Mary E. Kirby Hospital was located in one of the majestic mansions of Monticello and opened for business in 1941. In the early 1970s, a new Kirby Hospital was built on that same location and served the community for over 30 years.
Today, Kirby Medical Center is the new home for healthcare for families in Piatt County. We are proud to carry on a long-standing tradition of caring in our new healing and truly patient-centered environment. Kirby Medical Center is conveniently located immediately off of the Market Street Exit and Interstate 72 in the Jefferson Parkway development.
During the entire planning, development and building process, we pursued the highest level of quality possible and on September 29, 2011, we began providing care to our community at the new Kirby Medical Center. It is with great pride that we are able to provide these and many other advantages close to home:
- Advanced medical technology
- Convenient and highly-visible location with easy access
- Easy-to-navigate floor plan and clear signage
- Enhanced patient privacy
- Expanded healthcare services, including a full complement of rehabilitative specialty care
- Improved efficiency for staff in their delivery of care
- In-house and public food services
- Life-saving emergency medicine and convenient care
- Room for future expansion
- Space for all departments and services at one central location